Lincoln and Jenny - Missionary Associates to South Africa

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Chaka and Psycho



The Betzer's have two birds called African Greys. One is Chaka. The other is Psycho. Psycho has pulled out most of his feathers. (I'm not sure if they named him before or after this incident.) Chaka talks quite a bit. He says Hope, Hopey, Monty, and Daniel. When he says "Hopey" it sounds almost exactly like Janis calling Hope from across the yard. For the first week Kyler kept throwing a fit because he wanted to go out and play with Hope. He was convinced that she was outside since he kept hearing her mom calling her. Once I saw Monty (the big great dane) sitting in front of the cage and just staring at Chaka as he was talking. It was really funny. I wish that I had been able to get my video camera out in time. He sat there for about 5 minutes, about 2 feet away from Chaka, listening to him talk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home