Lincoln and Jenny - Missionary Associates to South Africa

Friday, August 18, 2006

A gift from God

8/18/2006
Lincoln here. Yesterday I visited Freedom Park with Nate. We didn’t have a whole lot of time, so we only visited two homes. As we were leaving I was thinking about how that is a highlight of my week. I always enjoy ministry there so much. That made me think about how God has changed my heart in that regard. When I was in college I had to do a pastoral internship. Part of that was visiting people in hospitals and nursing homes with Pastor Anar Ohlin (who I came to love and respect for his love for people.) I hated hospital visits. I hated nursing homes. I’ve always hated visiting hospitals. Those situations have always been so awkward and uncomfortable for me. I never know what to say or how to act. To be honest, sickness and death is not fun, I’d rather go climb a mountain and experience life. So it is ironic that God has brought me here to serve the sick and dying in Freedom Park, and he has changed my heart to not just endure it, but enjoy it. God is good, and he gives good gifts to his children. Sometimes those gifts are not material items, but a new heart.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is awesome-I am sooo proud of you-just when I think he has done so much in both of you, you show me more. I soo appreciate your sharing what's going on with you as a person. You two are so open to his teaching -its just incredible to see your love growing way beyond your previous boundaries.

6:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home