Lincoln and Jenny - Missionary Associates to South Africa

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Fun with Sewers


Remember last week when I wrote about Johannes pumping out the septic tank? Well, a week later it was full again. So we decided to dig a new, bigger septic tank. The one we made was actually an overflow from the first one. I think that we came up with a pretty good design. I spent some time on the internet learning about how septic tanks work and looking at designs. We modified the design for our site and I think that it will work pretty well. We had our temporary day workers helping us. With Johannes' leadership, they dug the hole in two days, and today we filled it in with some rock and poured cement over the top. Man, am I tired! I haven't worked that hard in a long time. It felt really good to put in a hard days work for a good cause. Tomorrow we'll hook it into the old tank and the kids in the shelter can use their sink and toilet again. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home