Lincoln and Jenny - Missionary Associates to South Africa

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Jenny driving

I drove today for the first time. We just went in some residential areas where there were very few cars and people walking around. I actually did better than I thought I would. Having to shift with my left had was pretty easy to get used to. Our car in the USA was an automatic, so I havn't really driven a stick in probably 5 years. The hardest thing to get used to was turning on the turn signals! They are on the right side of the steering wheel, so every time I wanted to turn I put on the windshield wipers. I haven't driven on any busy roads, or through any of the very scary intersections yet. I wouldn't say that I am comfortable driving yet, but I know that if I really needed to, I could.
 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen U. said...

Look how cute you Smiths are!! Nice truck!

10:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you have an excuse for turning on the windshield wipers when you really want to make a turn!
Liz

4:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home