Lincoln and Jenny - Missionary Associates to South Africa

Thursday, January 26, 2006

What God is teaching me (Jenny) through this Visa process

I received a call this morning from the South African Embassy. During the conversation I realized that the lady kept talking about our one child. They do not have Madison's passport or any of her paperwork or documents (some of which are originals). I was also told that we will have to pay a repatriation fee of $1,000 each, which is an un-budgeted expense. At first, as usual, I freaked out a little. (I am getting better at not freaking out about this stuff, as God shows me over and over that He is in control. I think that I am slow learner though since these situations keep arising!)
Then God spoke to me and reminded me of a Bible study I am working through right now. It is called "A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place" by Beth Moore. In the study Beth Moore talks about God's supernatural provision for the Israelites while in the desert. He allowed the children of Israel to go hungry so that they would know that it was Him who provided food for them (Exodus 16:1-4). He allowed them to go thirsty, then led them to bitter springs to show that is was Him who provided sweet water for them (Exodus 15:1-21). Their very existence depended on God's provision, not their own strength or effort. God has shown me that no matter how hard we try to get everything in order, and make sure all of our i's are dotted, and t's crossed, ultimately it is Him that is in control. We are completely insufficient in our own strength, and we must depend on Him for our very existence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home