Lincoln and Jenny - Missionary Associates to South Africa

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

We're not home yet:

Hey guys, this is Lincoln. Lately I've been training for a marathon, so I've spent quite a bit of time of solitude running on our beautiful Colorado trails. As I was running the other day I was spending some reflective time in prayer and I began to think how this earth is not our home. As much as I love our breathtaking mountains, as much as I feel comfortable climbing in my own bed at night; it's not home. Many people seem amazed that I would take my family to South Africa, so far from "home." The truth is, Denver's not home. This earth isn't home. Yes, I know we'll feel "homesick" in South Africa, missing our friends, family, and familiar surroundings; but all of us should realize that we are not on this earth for our own comfort and good feelings. I don't want to spend my life making this earth feel more like home, because I'm afraid I'll get too comfortable here and forget the real purpose for life- to know God, love God, and serve God. (Not that I've figured out the meaning of life; I'm still working on that one. I'll let you know when I figure it out.) Anyways, that's what's rolling around in my head, I hope it encourages and challenges you. Love you guys.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phil Steiger said...

Lincoln-Glad to see the blog! It will be great for us at Quail Lake to be able to keep up with you all this way.

God Bless!

Phil

7:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

test

5:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home