Lincoln and Jenny - Missionary Associates to South Africa

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Kendi Grace Denny Smith

Kendi was born on Sunday, January 28th at 7:55 pm at Ferncrest Hospital in Rustenburg, South Africa. She was 7.7 pounds (3.5 kg), we think this is about 7 pounds 11 ounces and 20.08 (51 cm) inches in length.
Please view her online birth announcement at
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/oursababy/
and her hospital pictures at
http://www.netcare.co.za/live/content.php?Item_ID=121&BabyID=87235

"Kendi" is an African name meaning "The Loved One".
The name "Grace" is the name of an abandoned baby at the Lighthouse Shelter.
Madison got to name the baby the day she arrived at the shelter.
The name "Denny" is a family last name.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jenny and Licoln! Kendi is a beautiful little baby!

Maria & Mikael Alm, Sweden
Also proud parents of 3 children
Johanna, Martin & Somila (a Lighthouse girl!)

4:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job! I love you all so much and wish I could have been there.
Dad (Boppy)

4:18 AM

 
Blogger wilderness_experiential_ministry said...

Thanks for taking the time to update us. I felt like I was there with you...except for the pain that I pray I will never experience in my life! Looking forward to seeing the addition to the Smith family, another child that will change this world we live in for the better! Love ya!

8:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so beautiful! congrats you guys! I love the pics of Kendi on top of you Jenny. So beautiful! Did you guys get my email a couple days ago? I am so excited for you and hope that I can meet Kendi sometime! -Kaitlin

7:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new pictures of Kendi and you all bring tears to my eye's. I wish I could hold her. This will be the first of my sister's children and grandchildren that I haven't held at least in the first 24 hours. I miss you guys very much especailly now. I am happy for you but realize that it is a little bitte sweet cause there are so many of us here in CO that would like to hug all of you and be there if only for a minute to hold Kendi. Love Auntie Pam,

4:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations- She is so cute! Thanks so much for the pictures! I could really see a family resemblance already in some of the pictures of Kendi. Jenn- no woman in labor ever looks that good! You are a real trooper! I can't wait to see ALL of you. Pati

4:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home