Lincoln and Jenny - Missionary Associates to South Africa

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The first time I held Kendi


Right after Kendi was born, the nurse cleaned her up a bit and then put her directly onto me under my gown. (This is called Kangaroo care) I didn't get to hold my other two this way, and it was an amazing experience. Kendi had been crying, but calmed down right away. I could have held onto her forever this way. She was so sweet and cuddly.
After the doctor and nurse finished attending to me, everyone left the room and Lincoln and I were alone with Kendi for about an hour and a half. I got the nurse her and we just got to be alone together, getting to know each other. It was a very calm and peaceful time.
Finally at about 10 pm the nurse came and took us to the maternity ward. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home