Lincoln and Jenny - Missionary Associates to South Africa

Thursday, May 04, 2006

A new question: What are you thankful for?

There are so many things to be thankful for in our lives, and I think that we often take them for granted. I am so thankful for my family’s health and safety and all that God has done in our lives. It is a little easier to remember to say thank you for the big things such as these, but I almost always overlook the small things everyday to be thankful for. We have not had a shower since we arrived here over 2 months ago. The apartment we were staying in had a hose for a shower head hooked up to the faucet in the bathtub, but not enough water pressure to make the shower head work. So, we have been hosing ourselves off in a bathtub with a small stream of water. The new apartment we are now in has a shower with a ton of water pressure. I didn’t realize how much I had missed a nice hot shower. So, today I am thankful for a hot shower, and I am thankful that the electricity stayed on for the entire time I was in the shower and while I did my make up and dried my hair.
What are you thankful for, big or small? Click on comment below to answer this question.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for missionaries who care enough to give up suburban life and do what God has put on their hearts to do.

2:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home