Lincoln and Jenny - Missionary Associates to South Africa

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Life is worth living

I (Jenny) was painting the new flats when I heard beautiful singing. I looked out the window and saw one of the shelter's caregivers on a swing with one of the babies from the shelter. Both of them are HIV positive. I was so moved by the song that she was singing to the sick baby:
"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone. Because I know, I know, He holds the future. Life is worth the living, just because He lives."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny, This story not only moves you, but it touches my heart! I have read this many times and every time I realize how good and gracious our loving Lord is, and I my tears run freely! The experiences God is giving you are shared with us, and we are so grateful to be a part of this! I love you so much and I'm so happy that you are right where you are supposed to be!!! Right in the middle of God's will. XOXOXO Mom

4:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your new everyday life with us. This story also touched my heart and made me feel a little ashamed of myself. My life is so good and I take for granted so many amazing things in my life (like the great health of all of my family). . .so now instead of being frustrated with my son for being loud while I am battling a headache, I can look and smile at how blessed I am to have a healthy, vibrant, energetic, wonderful son whom I get to love so very very much!! And I will just go find some more advil!! :0) I love you so much my friend and miss you tons!!
Jen
PS Thanks for the stories of the kids. . .I like that a lot too!

8:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home