Lincoln and Jenny - Missionary Associates to South Africa

Sunday, September 24, 2006

5 Months Pregnant

I am 5 months pregnant today. Please remember that the camera adds 10 pounds! I went to the Dr. on Thursday and got the "your gaining too much weight" talk. He was very nice about it, and he is right. So, I decided to start eating better starting on Friday. Well, another missionary associate from the U.S. named Nate discovered a doughnut shop in town, and brought us a dozen doughnuts on Friday morning. Keep in mind that I have not even seen a real doughnut in seven months! I only had 3, which I thought was really showing great restraint since I could have easily eaten the entire box and not even told my family about them. Then that night we had a braai for Adrian Trapani's birthday and Rebecca (a YWAM missionary from the U.S.) made a chocolate cake with chocolate icing using a recipe from the U.S. Cake like that is also something we don't see here very often, so I had to have a piece. And I only ate 1 piece, (and some ice cream with chocolate sauce on top). I vowed to do better on Saturday, and only had 3 bowls of ice cream. (Lincoln found ice cream here that tastes exactly like a Wendy's Frosty.) I figured that I needed to finish it so that it would no longer be a temptation. So today, I told myself that I would have no sugar, it is 7 pm and I have had no sugar today!!!! For those of you that know me, that is huge for me! But the fat free mango sorbet in the freezer is calling me. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home